Green Living Association has organised ‘COVID and Climate’ activity for the students from preschool to 12th grade firstly to equip them to successfully fight Coronavirus and secondly to develop among them the spirit to contribute their part in protecting our nation from all kinds of threats.
COVID-19 has changed the world, as, all countries and territories have registered corona cases, and the entire world is buzzing with uncertainty and fear. Undoubtedly, there are huge damaging impacts of Coronavirus on the world markets and purchasing abilities of people. No doubt, there are devastating effects of Coronavirus on the individuals’ and collective economies including damaging impacts on the states’ economies, stock markets, oil prices, travel industries, manufacturing industries and people’s buying power. Moreover, there are increasing physical and mental impacts of the pandemic on the vast majority of the world population and experts worry that people all over the world may be experiencing an increasing number of mental health issues.
Regardless of the crucial effects of coronavirus on the world population, there are certain advantages of the pandemic which have never been seen in the recent past. The most significant impact has been witnessed on the ever-deteriorating environment. Satellite images show the pollution levels have enormously decreased in the most polluted parts of the world, including the atmospheres of Lahore and Karachi, with reasonable reduction of the density produced by Nitrogen dioxide in the lower atmosphere.
‘COVID and Climate’ is the concluding event of the Climate Project ‘CATCH‘ (Collective Action to Control Climate Change) which inspires students and their families to re-enter the post COVID life as New-NORMAL with a revolutionary vision on the basis of lessons learned from the pandemic. ‘COVID and Climate’ is really an inspiring activity offering a mix of MCQs, Creative Writing and Climate Puzzle Games with its enormous capacity to inspire young people to play their vital role as leaders. The young people have great potential to guide adults how to welcome a new world of Green Living by investing much more in nature-based solutions, sustainable agriculture, renewables, conservation and green and blue infrastructure. There are ways how private capital could do its share of the heavy lifting which is futuristic as well as profitable. Moreover, the Guidebooks present creative ideas how little changes in our lifestyles can bring a Healthier Environment for us all.
In making the activity even more inspiring GLA has announced a wide range of prizes and awards for participants besides offering Green Certification to each participant. Other prizes include Rs. 100,000 Cash Prize, Laptop Cooling and Radiation Control Stands, Gold and Silver Medals, Green Angels’ Insignia and Honour Shields.
- All students from grades preschool to 12 can participate in ‘COVID & Climate’ which is classified in 3 categories in accordance with the students’ educational grades.
Category 1 (Grades preschool to 3), Category 2 (Grades 4 to 7)
Category 3 (Grades 8 to 12)
- Under a process of consistent and gradual education on Environmental Conservation the students are allowed to join the activity collectively through their Campus Administration and therefore, no individual participation is allowed.
- On receiving the blank worksheets from Green Living Association, the campus administration is to deliver them to the participants and allow them to take the worksheets home (to be worked out in association with their families) and ask them to return the filled Worksheets on the given timeline.
- While filling the worksheets the participants are to take support from their respective categories’ guidebooks which are available on this website. To approach your category’s Guidebook, click on the Guidebook page link as given above . .
- The ‘COVID & Climate’ activity will conclude in April 2021 and the prizes will be distributed just after the results announcement.